I am making many small changes to make a healthier life for myself and my family. One step forward, possibly some backwards too. Join me on my journey ...

Smarter ways to live well


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In minds crammed with thoughts, organs clogged with toxins, and bodies stiffened with neglect, there is just no space for anything else. Alison Rose Levy


Alan Cohen wrote that:
It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.



and I guess that is what this blog is all about - releasing the familiar and secure to embrace a new, healthier lifestyle. I have had a lifetime of health issues, more than a few wake up calls that I have failed to listen too. Well, call no more, I am finally getting the message and embarking on a self-health journey to embrace a healthier mind and body.

The concept of life style change is not one I relish embracing, but this morning I had some medical tests and aware that this is just another close brush with mortality in a long line of such incidents, I have come to realise that there is no easy answer, and that I have to change my evil ways if I want to live to be 102, as I have always declared. I want to die yelling and screaming and full of fight, not whimpering to a sad and pathetic end too soon.

I am not sure how I am going to do this, or even if I will be successful, but at least I will know that I did actually try. I no longer want to be my own worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment