I am making many small changes to make a healthier life for myself and my family. One step forward, possibly some backwards too. Join me on my journey ...

Smarter ways to live well


Sunday, January 17, 2010

journal entry

I am so bored with the diet that the dietician has suggested for me. No more than 5g of fibre a day until I feel recovered from this attack and then a very gradual increase in fibre to 25grams a day. It is so dull and boring - no fruit, unless tinned peaches; the vegetables are basically potatoes and any member of the marrow/squash/pumpkin family. Tomatoes - don't even think about them - no seeds, no skin. Of course no dried fruit, cocomut, nuts or seeds. No wholemeal anything. White flour.

I feel limited to protein and carbohydrates. I actually don't feel like eating much of anything - no interest. Twice I have broken out and eaten a banana. And then worried afterwards! I am always anxious about another diverticultis attack, trying to sense the early warnings. I am still on the antibiotics, but I don't set much store by them anymore as their success is becoming more and more limited.

Sick of being sick, of being tired, of being anxious, of having my life interrupted. Boring.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Ms. FD. You're a fighter, albeit a tired one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, tired. There is so much I want to do and yet don't feel like doing anything! Mr FD would probably say that is no different to usual!!!!

    ReplyDelete