I am making many small changes to make a healthier life for myself and my family. One step forward, possibly some backwards too. Join me on my journey ...

Smarter ways to live well


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease. ~V.L. Allineare


Change appears to be linked to goals and lists. Good intentions in a basket. I have my goal - health and happiness. Here is my list:

1. Drink more water
2. Eat more fibre
3. Reduce dietary fat intake
4. Decrease red meat quantities in my diet
5. Increase levels of dietary and supplemental calcium
6. Increase folic acid.
7. Develop a diet rich in antioxidant vitamins
8. Drink Green Tea.
9. Exercise.
10. Include more Omega 3 fatty acids
11. Use turmeric - a traditional spice which contains a phenolic compound called curcumin.
12. Add selenium to my diet
13. Breathe - attack stress and anxiety
14. Forgive my own weaknesses, but don't use them as an excuse.

These 14 points are my starting point. I may add to them or change them. I may even eliminate them if I find they don't really improve my health and well being. This is a journey of change and discovery after all. I have a lot to learn and in doing so I expect to learn new things, build on my knowledge and dimish the things that bring me no benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment