I am making many small changes to make a healthier life for myself and my family. One step forward, possibly some backwards too. Join me on my journey ...

Smarter ways to live well


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Journal entry

My GP phoned the surgeon today and was able to arrange an earlier appointment for me - Feb 15th instead of March 31. If the surgery is to be done then I want it over ASAP. I want to find a job, and I need to find it soon to keep a roof over head and food on the table. Details, details.

I am lucky that I have private medical coverage, that will cover some of the costs. Not all, but some. I won't have to pay for the hospital. Medicare will cover some of the doctor's costs and insurance some, but there will still be some out of pocket expenses. Private health coverage means I don't have to go on waiting lists, I can choose the private hospital I want and the surgeon that I want. I hopefully will have had surgery and recovered before I would have been processed through the public system as I would still bedeemed elective surgery. If I presented as an emergency it would be different of course.

I saw someone on American TV waving a placard at a tea party and the placard read "Health insurance is not  right!" WHAT? Health care is a right for everyone. It is a basic need for life - just as food, water and education is. Every citizen should get equal access, no one should be victimised because they are poor. No one should be thrown into poverty because they are ill. One can only wish karma hits though horrible selfish people...

I increased my fibre yesterday - I ate half a banana and 6 slices of tinned peach. I could feel the bulk in my bowel...it worried me all day. So I went low fibre today. Safe but boring.

That is me these days - dull and boring. I bore even me!

No comments:

Post a Comment